Thursday, March 3, 2011

Nap Time

     Sleep is a major factor for a good healthy life.  Chlidren develope mentally and phisycially in the early stages of childhood and taking a regular nap helps give your child time to grow and rejuvenate.

     Taking a nap during some point of the day keeps your child from being sleepy and cranky which leads to them being in a bad mood.

     Many parents enjoy the idea for a nap because it allows them to do much needed housework, cook, or just take a moment to relax.  I found that when my kids would nap, that is when I got most of my housework accomplished.

     At some point your child will give up naps.  Our two oldest no longer take naps.  I find myself on occassion asking them to take a nap but it never happens.  Our oldest gave up naps around 4 and our middle stop taking them at the age of 2.  I feel that the 2yr old wont take a nap because big sis isn't taking one.  Of course the baby still naps and I don't think she'll give them up anytime soon.

     I found this poll at Babycenter.com

WHEN DID YOUR CHILD GIVE UP NAPS?

  • 4%   BEFORE AGE 2
  • 16% AROUND AGE 2
  • 25% AROUND AGE 3
  • 16% AROUND AGE 4
  • 4%   AROUND AGE 5
  • 34% STILL NAPS

SHOULD YOR CHILD STILL NAP?

  • 50% YES
  • 29% NO
  • 21% NOT SURE
     I voted yes but their father feels that if they take a nap during the day it might make it harder for them to sleep at night.

     I know that my kids don't like taking naps but I kind of enjoy them.  I wish I could take one right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment